Monday, September 13, 2010

Somedays...

Somedays...even if the sun isn't shining, even if I am late to work, even if I am not crossing things off of my to-do list...Somedays, I just can't help but smile.

Today I am smiling about new friends I have made, and old friends that remind me they are always there. I am smiling because husband came home from a weekend of mountain biking and this time didn't have any new bruises. And I am smiling for no real reason at all.

Sometimes it's easier to focus on how much better things could be, but I would rather remind myself that things could always be worse and to keep my chin up and forge on.

I can't believe that this summer is already coming to an end, I feel like it's just begun. I remember my mom used to tell me, "It just keeps going faster and faster the older you get." I used to try to rush through everything always looking forward to the next item on the agenda. Now instead I embrace the moments as I am in them. Before we know it they become memories and I don't want to wish I had've enjoyed something more.

So today I am smiling, and I wanted to write about it to remind myself down the road to do it.

"I'm not a perfect girl. My hair doesn't always stay in place and I spill things a lot. I'm pretty clumsy and sometimes I have a broken heart. My friends and I sometimes fight and some days nothing goes right. But when I think about it and take a step back I remember how amazing life truly is and that maybe, just maybe, I like being unperfect."

No comments:

Post a Comment