Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I heart food

I have come to realized that my senses have a profound effect on the food I eat. Husband can eat anything regardless of how it looks or smells. Not me.

If it looks gross, smells bad, tastes funny, feels yucky, or even sounds weird, I have a really hard time with it.

I'm all about texture and love the smell of yummy food cooking in the kitchen. I enjoy how the thought of your favorite foods can make your mouth water.

In recent years I have really expanded my palette and although I am still a little finicky about what I eat, I have to remind myself that just because it looks weird, it might taste really good. Just because I don't like the name of it, it can become my new favorite. I just have to give it a chance (if I can stomach it!)

As a wedding gift we got a fabulous set of dishes. They are classic white that work perfectly for dinner on the couch or a formal sit down with friends. It's fun to watch colors pop on the white backdrop.

One of my favorite things to do is put on my apron, pour a glass of wine and create deliciousness!


Tonight's dinner. Garlic alfredo risotto with yellow, orange & red bell peppers and zucchini, paired with a nice cab of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment