Monday, March 14, 2011

Missing in Action

It's been a long time since I've posted anything, but it's not for lack of things happening, but quite the contrary, life is crazy!

Here are some of the things I have been up to the past few months:


I've Celebrated Birthdays - Everyone who knows me, knows that I love to celebrate birthdays. It doesn't even have to be my own. We've celebrated with dance parties, white trash parties and even a masquerade party.


I've Taken Road Trips - Colorado to Nebraska to Iowa to Illinois to Indiana (all without heat in December - oh the things we do for our best friends!); Colorado to New Mexico to Arizona - with 2 bikes and a yak box on top, jeep stuffed to the rim, an old roommate and a husband.


I've Enjoyed Visits from Friends - Hillman came out for a weekend in the mountains, V & Scott stopped by on their way moving from San Diego back to Indy, and Milty & Sister stopped to give high fives in Denver before heading opposite ways across the country.


I've Said Goodbye.


And Said Goodbye Again.


I've Started Training - I'm doing my first duathlon in May. Run (1.5 miles), Bike (18k), Run (5k) Some days I really enjoy it, others not so much, but I am looking forward to it and sometimes even find myself looking forward to the time I spend outside on the road.

There have been lots of other things too: spending time with family & friends over the holidays, playing volleyball, yoga, enjoying husband snuggles, working on building the closet...life has definitely been keeping me busy. But I have missed blogging, even if no one reads it. I enjoy looking back on where I was or what I was doing at a certain point in my life.

Right now I miss my friends, I celebrate the small victories, I try not to let my feelings get hurt too easily, I look forward, I think, I feel, I ache, I mourn.

1 comment:

  1. I read it! I read it! I love you friend and miss you dearly. I am so proud of you for always doing what you love, and showing everyone you care about, just how much they mean to you all the time! That is why you are my forever friend, no matter what. And may dear old crabby-pants Lily rest in peace forever, friend. She was loved regardless of her finnicky ways :)

    ReplyDelete