Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Home

"There are few things pure in this world anymore,
and home is one of the few.
We'd have a drink outside,
maybe run and hide if we saw a couple men in blue.
To me it's so damn easy to see
that true people are the people at home.
Well, I've been away but now I'm back today,
and there ain't a place I'd rather go.
I feel home,
when I see the faces that remember my own.
I feel home,
when I'm chilling outside with the people I know.
I feel home,
and that's just what I feel.
Home to me is reality,
and all I need is something real."
~ OAR, "I Feel Home"


On December 1, 2005 we moved to Denver, and it immediately felt like home to us and we plan to live here forever. However, a little part of the midwest will always have out hearts.

We went "home" to Indy for Memorial Weekend. As usual, we packed it crazy full and bounced from one event to the next with little time to spare, but we had a great time with our families and friends and it was wonderful to see everyone.

Time goes by so quickly these days, and just because we are far away and may not have talked in a while, it doesn't mean that you are not in our hearts always.

Thanks to everyone for making our trip home a great one. You are all invited to our new home for a visit anytime!

1 comment:

  1. this is my all time favorite song of o.a.r. I love it so much because it's so true. I definitely feel like Denver was where I belong too and I hope I can live there again someday. The main reason it felt so much like home was because of awesome, fun friends like YOU! you're right though, i will always have big love for kansas, my roots (you're favorite state, right?!) ;)

    ReplyDelete